Hobbywing XeRun AXE540 Brushless Crawler ESC & 1200KV Sensored Motor Combo
The AXE system is an unique brushless system that gives the scale trail & crawlers intelligent torque output and closed loop for easy control in all situations. That is possible due to the new motors that has a patented staggered pole rotors and new FOC sensors that gives a new level of brushless performance.
The AXE540 motors has not only a new FOC sensor design, but also compared to other crawler design motors an improved staggered pole rotor design. What does that mean? It transfers to smoother operation with no cogging and a very clean and consistent de-acceleration. It also means smoother brakes, smoother power and the transitions between them are improved. This is specific needs for the trail and crawling market and allows for extremely precise throttle control under any load conditions.AXE Features:
- The first FOC (Field-oriented Control) brushless power system for rock crawlers will provide the very powerful low rpm torque compared to standard sensored brushless power systems and brushed power systems. This also translates to higher efficiency and longer runtimes.
- The chip-type magnetic encoder inside the motor guarantees consistency between three phases’ signals and always outputs the pure and precise signals indicating the rotor position.
- The waterproof and dust-proof design (*IP67 standards) allows the AXE brushless power system to be used in all weather & track conditions without any issue of damage caused to the system from water or dust. Damage to the vehicle caused by water, mud, or conditions should be monitored closely when running in muddy, wet, or adverse conditions.
- Intelligent torque output & speed closed-loop control for easy control, and consistent motor RPM under all loads.
- The adjustable drag brake & drag brake rate control with the maximum drag brake of up to 200% (that’s nearly twice the drag brake of standard brushless power systems) can provide unprecedented parking capacity on slopes, with no jerky stops.
- The innovative built-in Bluetooth connectivity allows users to read ESC data or update ESC firmware via a smart phone (installed with the HW LINK app).
- The motor with 4 poles & 12 magnets, featuring Hobbywing’s “staggered pole” patent has zero cogging effect & torque ripple. It can work smoothly at low speeds. This greatly improves the maneuverability of rock crawlers at low speeds.
- The new sensor harness, which features the plug-and-screw design, has a silicon O ring inside. The new design & O ring not only provide firm connection between motor and ESC but solves the “waterproof” challenge for the sensor ports.
- Advanced and secure electronic switch features a waterproof, dust-proof and shock-resistant design.
- Multiple protections: low-voltage cutoff, thermal, fail safe (throttle signal loss), motor lock-up, over current, and battery reverse.
ESC Programing via:
- Scale: 1/10
- Type:: Brushless Sensored FOC
- Waterproof: YES（IP67）
- Applications: 1/10thRock Crawler
- Cont./Peak Current: 60A/360A
- Input Voltage: 2-3S LiPo / 6-9 Cell NiMH
- BEC: Switch Mode 6V / 7.4V @3A
- Input Wires: 14AWG x 200mm
- Output Wires: No
- Input Connectors: XT60
- Output Connectors: Solder Posts
- Size: 47.4 x 36.2 x 24.6 mm
- Weight: 82g
- SET Button on ESC: Not Supported
- LED Program Box: Not Supported
- LCD Program Box: Not Supported
- WiFi Module: Not Supported
- Bluetooth Connection: Supported
- Firmware Upgrade: Supported
- Poles: 4
- KV rating: 1200
- LiPo: 2-3S
- Resistance: 0.055Ω
- No-Load Current: 1.2A
- Diameter: 36 mm
- Length: 48.8 mm
- Shaft Diameter: 3.175 mm
- Shaft Length: 15.5 mm
- Weight: 173 g