Tamiya acrylic paints are made from water-soluble acrylic resins and are excellent for either brush painting or airbrushing. These paints can be used on styrene resins, Styrofoam, wood, plus all the common model plastics. The paint covers well, flows smoothly, and can be blended easily. Prior to curing, paint can be washed away with plain water.
When airbrushing be certain to use any of the following Tamiya thinners: Items-81020, 81030, 81040, 81520, 87077.
Tamiya bottle paint label meanings and quick tips:
• X appointed colors have a glossy finish while XF designated colors are flat finish.
• The paint can be thinned for airbrushing using Tamiya X-20A Acrylic thinner.
• Items 81521 and 81021 (Tamiya X-21 Flat Base) can be used as a flattening agent on Tamiya Gloss bottle paints. Simply add any X-gloss color then add flat base. Mixing ratio: 1:1
• The paint can be also thinned for airbrushing using Tamiya Lacquer Thinner. Using Tamiya Lacquer Thinner will yield faster drying results and a harder finish.
• For better paint brushing results use Tamiya Paint Retarder (item 87114) for a smoother brushstroke free finish.